Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Year That Was

"Borrowed" this from my facebook wall and since it's the last day of 2008, what better time to reflect on the year that was...

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Started my very own blog

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't like to make New Year's resolutions as I'm notorious for never following through. I did make a start on losing weight which I will continue into this year (it's taking a little longer than planned!)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, but there are babies on the way!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. My nana died this year

5. What countries did you visit?
Just Australia. Next year will be a different story...!

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A husband...! :-)

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Probably my birthday. Turning 35 wasn't as good as turning 34 had been the year before! Definitely got a lot harder to say out loud!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Actually starting a savings plan (now if I could just stick to it...!)

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not sticking to my savings plan as I should have!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No illnesses, but I did some ligament damage to my knee which wasn't too much fun

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My laptop, definitely!

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
It would have to be all the volunteers who helped out in The Gap after the storms in Brisbane

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Can't think of anyone...

14. Where did most of your money go?
Ummm....into my savings account?? :-/

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Plans coming together for move to London in 2009

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
"Open Your Eyes" by Snow Patrol or "Pictures of You" by The Last Goodnight

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

i. happier or sadder?
Happier, generally (if you don't count still having to go to work!!)

ii. thinner or fatter?
Thinner - yay!!

iii. richer or poorer?
Richer...mostly!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
More saving, less spending! Spending time with friends and making new ones

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
WORKING!!

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Spent Christmas with mum, dad and nana. Just a quiet day since my sister, brother-in-law and niece were in the US

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
No...but isn't there still 10 and a half hours to go??!

23. How many one-night stands?
None - not really my style!

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Lost

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. Hating people is never good

26. What was the best book you read this year?
Twilight. Oh, and finally read Pride & Prejudice and Persuasion by Jane Austen - both great reads!

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Sugarush Beat Company - go Jaz!

28. What did you want and get?
Got closer to moving overseas, funded largely by my boring job!

29. What did you want and not get?
A job that wasn't boring!!

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
OK. Am just going to say it...High School Musical 3! I know...but I did see it with my 9 year old niece (if that, in any way, makes it less sad!!)

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Spent the day at work and turned 35

32. What's one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Discovering sooner that I didn't have to be a receptionist for the rest of my life!

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Black and white. I need a lot more colour in my life!

34. What kept you sane?
Having internet access at work!

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I love Ewan McGregor! I can't help it...! :-)

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I think the US Presidential Election - maybe because it was on the news so much, but it really felt like witnessing a great moment in history when Obama was elected

37. Who did you miss?
I really miss my friends in Adelaide...and the crazy road trips!

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Too many great people to count!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Life is too short - follow your dreams

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"London calling, to the faraway towns..."


Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: