Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Random Acts of (Christmas) Kindness

Ever since the snake episode, I have been nervous about the length of the grass in the front yard, imagining all sorts of long, fang-wielding creatures lurking there, waiting for my unsuspecting foot to casually step out of my car door.

As I am housesitting at the moment, and using the excuse of not knowing how to operate their lawnmower, I have been putting off the task of actually doing something about the lawn.

Imagine my surprise when I get home from work last night to find the front lawn has been mowed! Some kindly neighbour has decided out of the goodness of their heart (or the fact that it was by far the highest grass in the whole street!) to mow the lawn for me.

To me, it's these kinds of things that make it feel like Christmas. The little things, the random acts of kindness. It warms my heart!

I'm not sure who is responsible, but I would like to say a huge "thank you" to whoever it may have been.

I like to think it was the elves...

No comments: