Sunday, December 7, 2008

Moving...sort of

OK, so things are not moving fast on the BIG move, but they are certainly happening at home.

Several weeks ago, Brisbane was hit with some really severe storms and while I thought I had managed to get off fairly lightly in regards to damage, it turns out it was not to be.

Apparently, most of my interior walls need to be ripped out and refitted due to quite a bit of moisture and water trapped inside. This is not good. It means I will have to move out for a few weeks while to work is being done.

Fortunately, I am due to housesit for the next three weeks as my sister, brother-in-law and niece are off to the States for Christmas, so all we need to do is find a builder who can do the work now...three weeks out from Christmas. Hmmm. Should be easy, right?

I'll find out tomorrow if they can fix it now, so I have spend most of today packing and moving, but with no exciting move to London at the end of it. Oh, well. Gives me a chance to sort through stuff and throw things out. Well, it would if I could be bothered!

It's hot today and I would much rather sit here and blog with my fan on high, than face all those decisions on what to keep, what to throw away, what to give away and what I'll need between now and when I do finally pack up and move for real. It's too hard. It's too hot. It'll all wait until tomorrow....

Oh yeah, did I mention that I am a procrastinator as well as being extremely impatient?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes I did know you as the impatient one. But all good things come to those who wait.

Good luck with the builders doing your work before Christmas. You never know your luck in the big city.

Have fun house sitting. Ive heard is a really nice house.

A Confused Take That Fan said...

Hot you say?
I remember vaguely what it feels like to have sunshine and warmth...
Thanks for visiting my blog btw
xx