Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The waiting is the hardest part

I haven't blogged too much about how my plans for moving to the UK are going and that's because not much is happening...at all!

I am in the stage of saving like mad and waiting to apply for my Visa, so on the outside it looks like nothing is happening. Very frustrating.

I have never had much patience and those who know me will whole-heartedly agree. So it comes as no surprise that I am finding this particular stage of my journey difficult. Add to that, a job that does not require much of me at all (read as: extremely boring and monotonous!) and it all works to drag the time out longer and longer.

That doesn't mean my mind hasn't been racing ahead with all the stuff I need to do before I go, and all the stuff I want to do when I get there. I have done it all before - it should be easy, right? This time feels different for whatever reason.

Little things like when I was at the hairdresser on the weekend, she talked me into a new shampoo and my first thought was, 'Will they sell that brand in the UK?'. I mean, why get used to a new shampoo if you just have to change again? It's these sort of things that are going through my head at the moment and at the oddest times.

But my plans are coming along, albeit slowly. It's like the old saying, "Lord, give me patience, but give it to me now"!

So those of you hoping to read about an Aussie girl braving new frontiers, starting over in a far away land, you'll have to wait a bit longer yet. Hey, if I can wait, then anyone can!! I promise to keep you updated on my progress and hopefully find some interesting things to post along the way.

Until then....



...here's one for the road!

No comments: