Sunday, April 5, 2009

Overwhelmed

So it's April. I'm moving to London next month. Five weeks tomorrow to be exact.

This past week has been pretty overwhelming. I received my passport back from the British Consulate in Canberra, containing my lovely new visa that will allow me to live and work in the UK. So it's really happening - I'll be leaving for London in five weeks.

When that hit me, all those doubts came back - those "what-if's". I made a late night call to my friend Prue (yes, the one who's getting married in two weeks!) and she said to me that it's OK to feel overwhelmed. In the midst of her own massive life change, there she is giving me some reassurance! Just that one little line made me feel a whole lot better. Yes, it is OK that I'm overwhelmed. It's a BIG move! If I wasn't overwhelmed, there would be something wrong with me.

I'm still taking things one day at a time. Slowly packing up my life here and preparing for my new life over there.

16 working days to go...
(I'm counting down the days at my call centre job...it's the only way I can cope!)

And here's a picture, just because...

No comments: