Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Year That Was...A Year Later

I first posted this list on New Years Eve last year, so here it is again for this year:

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Where do I start? Went to my best friends wedding in Sydney, worked in a call centre, moved to live in London, saw Abu Dhabi and Dubai, worked for a whole week without having to answer the phone once, went to Paris...the list is almost endless!

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do New Years Resolutions as they are always doomed to failure! I did keep my resolution to save money and finally move to London. I won't be making any this year, but I do have 'plans"...they're different, aren't they?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my friend Chris had a little girl this year

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No

5. What countries did you visit?
Australia, United Arab Emirates, England, France

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Will-power!

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
That would be May 10 - Mothers Day, my friends wedding day and my last day in Australia

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving to London and starting my new career

9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't think I have failed. Sometimes, things haven't worked out as planned or have been harder than expected, but that's not failure, that's all part of life and living your dream

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Crocs!

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Hannah, who was my first guest from home. We had a blast!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Can't think of anyone...

14. Where did most of your money go?
Paris...and clothes!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Hannah coming to stay, Paris, the release of New Moon and Christmas

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
"Number One" by Tinchy Strider and N-Dubz (just because it was on the radio ALL THE TIME!!)

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

i. happier or sadder?
Happier, mostly, but sad when I think of home

ii. thinner or fatter?
Hmm...next question!

iii. richer or poorer?
Poorer :-(

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
More trips out of London to see the countryside

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Staying up too late, reading!

20. How did you spend Christmas?
I opened presents and had breakfast with the family I work for, then spent the day with my cousins and auntie and uncle from Australia. Oh, and thanks to Skype, I opened presents with my family in Brisbane too! Great day

22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
No

23. How many one-night stands?
None

24. What was your favorite TV program?
One Tree Hill - all the season one oldies!

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. Hating people is never good

26. What was the best book you read this year?
Hunting and Gathering by Anna Gavalda. An old favourite, but it's set in Paris and I read it on the Eurostar on my way there

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Olly from X-Factor!

28. What did you want and get?
A new start as a nanny in London

29. What did you want and not get?
Knee high flat black boots...can't find any I like!

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
That would have to be New Moon (and no, I don't care what you think!), followed closely by Nativity!. So funny

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Spent the day at work in the boring call centre, counting down the days until my escape! And I was 36

32. What's one thing that made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Massive unexpected payout from the Australian Taxation Office!

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Layers...

34. What kept you sane?
Having my room on a seperate level to the kids I look after!

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the moment?
I still love Ewan, but would love to run into Jude Law, strolling down Kings Road in Chelsea

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Huh? I don't get to see much news

37. Who did you miss?
I really miss my family and friends in Australia

38. Who was the best new person you met?
My little cousins, Arwen and Zion!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Life is too short - follow your dreams

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb"

So that's all from me. Have a great New Year and all the best for 2010!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Go Hannah Montanah!!