Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Great Big Job Hunt

Being happily redundant, this has now forced me back into the world of CV's, agency registrations and the dreaded interviews. Not fun, but a means to an end. At least for the next few months anyway!

I have my second agency registration interview today, including all the "fun" elements such as breaking down each and every job I have ever had (and believe me, there have been a lot!) and the test. Ah...the test.

Now, I have worked as a receptionist, in some capacity, for the past 10 years. From the frontline of hotel check-ins, here and overseas, to the being the face of major corporations (not too sure how THAT happened!!) and, yes, I am ashamed to admit...I still type with only two fingers...that's one on each hand! Which is really quite amazing when you think about it. How did I get to be a receptionist with 10 years international experience without being a touch-typer? Who knows! "George just lucky, I guess!"*

I can type quite fast with my trusty two fingers so this has never been too much of a problem for me. Until I am required to take typing speed tests. Like today.

Just hoping they put me in a room, with no CCTV, and let me get on with it. It's the end result that counts, right?

OK, back to the Great Big Job Hunt. I need to find a temp job, for exactly two months, that will pay me more than I make here, will have enough work to keep me busy and be easy to get to. Does such a job exist?

I hope to avoid the whole day to day temping here and there scenario, if I can, but at the moment, I'll take whatever I can get.

Oh, I did actually apply for a temp nanny job here in Brisbane for the next 2 months, so I'll keep you posted on how that works out!


* from "George of the Jungle"

No comments: