Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dear John

I have just finished reading the book "Dear John" by Nicholas Sparks.

I should have known what to expect since he also wrote "The Notebook" (I haven't read the book but the movie left me reeling for days after and I have only ever watched it once).

The first I heard of "Dear John", the movie, was that a few of my friends on facebook had seen it, loved it, and since I discovered that it stars Channing Tatum (if you don't know who he is, check him out. You won't be sorry!), I knew this would be one to see. But, after finding out that it's not on here until April, I did something I don't usually do...I deliberately read the book first.

I don't want to give away any spoilers on purpose but in case I do, I won't be upset if you stop reading this post right now!

After working my way through almost a whole box of tissues, I got to the end of the book. I learned that I am a lover of the fairytale. If it was up to me, every story would have a happy ending...or at least the ending that I want!

So, if you're looking for a good read and you don't mind a book that will make you cry so much that you'll never be able to read it on the bus, then I can recommend this one. I just hope the movie can live up to it.

But if not, I really don't mind. Two hours spend watching Channing Tatum on the big screen will be worth every penny of the 9 pound ticket price!

No comments: