Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back to Work

Second day back at work today, after the holidays - or should I say back at my place of work, because there is not a whole lot of work to do!

We have a total of 5 people in the office this week, myself included and as of 11.30am, I have taken a grand total of three phone calls. I don't know what I would do if it wasn't for Wikipedia! This morning, I have been exploring myths & legends, ancient Native American Tribes and Ewan McGregor! Not bad for a mornings work.

Trouble is, there are still three and a half days of this before the weekend...and my second round of holidays! That's right, I can't complain...back to work for a week and then off again for three weeks. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Not that I am having an official holiday. I have landed myself a temporary nanny share job for the rest of the school holidays, looking after 3 kids aged between 7 and 9. I'm really looking forward to it. The kids are great and it's all really good experience for me (not to mention the potential for glowing references!).

So after running around after three kids for three weeks, I can come back to work, where it's nice and quiet, for a well-earned break.

Good to know that some things will never change!

No comments: