Thursday, November 27, 2008

Keeping it real

Please don't roll your eyes....I promise not to write about facebook with every single blog, but I just wanted to say that I love it! Have I said that already?

I spent several hours the other night 'chatting' to one of my best friends from high school that I haven't seen in a good 10 years. It was amazing to find out things about her and the rest of our 'gang' that I didn't know, like who was married, who had kids and how many, etc. But in the middle of all this reminiscing, I felt really sad. How did I lose touch with these people? My 'best' friends through some of the most important years of my life.

I made a promise to myself today, that no matter how good facebook is, or how great whatever comes after it will be, I will do everything I can to hold on to those friends in my life right now, so that in another 10 years, I can know about their lives first hand, by having shared life with them...not just through a photo and a profile on a wall.

But even though I feel a bit sad today at what I have missed out on, I still love you, facebook...!

No comments: