Friday, May 28, 2010

Bring out the cheese...Eurovision's here!

Yes, it's Eurovision time again!

There is definitely a love / hate thing with Eurovision. It's just not possible to sit on the fence. I can't really explain it but I love, love, love Eurovision! I know this makes me a sad individual, but I don't care. Where else do you get to see such "class" acts from all over Europe?

Right now, I am watching the second semi-finals on BBC Three, having missed the first semi's for the simple reason that I had no idea it was on. For someone who loves Eurovision as I do, I am really lacking in true fan style! Better late than never, I say!

Highlight so far: the guy from Israel was really good - apparently the runner-up in their Pop Idol contest. The guys from Cyprus are on right now and they're also really good. Corniest moment so far: the blokes from Lithuania singing Eastern European Funk, and tearing off their trousers to reveal sparkly hot-pants! Honestly, what's not to love about Eurovision??

The finals are on Saturday (that night's viewing is sorted then!) and if you've never watched it before, you have to see it to believe it! I just hope you're not lactose-intolerant...there is so much cheese !

No comments: