Monday, October 12, 2009

Sunday Snapshot - The Aston Martin


Did you know...
That the Aston Martin is built entirely by hand? That five cows hides are used for each car interior? That these cows are sourced from Scandinavia, where they are kept in electric-fenced yards to avoid barbed-wire damage to the hide? That each car interior is stitched by one person to maintain the integrity of the stitching?

I had no idea of any of these things until this Sunday when I got the chance to have a ride in an Aston Martin Vantage, worth over 100,000 pounds. To say it is a very nice ride is an understatement, especially when you're travelling at 120 mph (yes, that's MILES per hour!) down the motorway. Definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

What I know about cars can be counted on a hand with no fingers, but when it comes to the Aston Martin, I don't know, there's just something about it.

I think Handsome Rob is to blame...!

No comments: