Sunday, July 18, 2010

We're all in this together

I love to read and at the moment, I am loving getting stuck into books by fellow expats, both fictional and real life tales of their adventures, and those who are truly living their dream.

I have a few to recommend:

The first one is by a fellow blogger, whose blog I discovered about four years ago while stuck in a boring office job in Brisbane, Australia. At the time, I was planning my return to the UK and going through the process of deciding where to base myself. I discovered Simon Varwell's blog while researching Glasgow and I can tell you, it brightened many a dull office day. Simon is based in Inverness in Scotland, but has spent a significant amount of time searching out "Mullets" across the world...as you do! He's now written a book called "Up The Creek Without a Mullet", all about his adventures, searching for mullets from Albania to Australia to Haiti. You can read more about his search here

The second book I'd like to recommend is called "Single in the City" by Michele Gorman. True, I've only read a taster of her book but it has hooked me already and I can't wait to get my hands on the whole thing! Michele is a fellow expat, hailing from the US and has lived in London for 12 years.

If you're an expat, or just love a great read, get your hands on these books!

2 comments:

Simon Varwell said...

Thank you for the plug.

I think that's the first time the book has been plugged alongside a piece of chicklit!

Bec said...

You're welcome, Simon! I'm halfway through your book...it is a great read :)