Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cherry Cola Splits

I'm just enjoying the peace and quiet of 5.30pm...something that almost NEVER happens! And it's all thanks to a playdate. You've gotta love 'em!

I have the afternoon off and on a typical day, this is usually the noisiest time of day (a.k.a Supper Time), so I am enjoying it while it lasts.

This week did not have the best start, but that was all self-inflicted thanks to the Superbowl and my lack of sleep as a result, so I have no one to blame but myself. I can, however blame my youngest charge who this week decided to share his runny nose, cough and sore throat with me AGAIN. Such a generous little lad!

Today was probably the most eventful day. After arriving half an hour early for the school pick up, I decided to walk around to the shops down the road from the school and treat myself to a Diet Coke (woo-hoo...I am the last of the big-spenders!), something I haven't had for a while now. As I had the youngest with me, I must have been very distracted when I chose what I thought was a Diet Coke, paid for it, opened it up to take a swig...only to then discover that it was indeed Diet Coke, but with a truly horrible cherry flavour! Who makes this stuff? And more to the point, why?? Note to self: always read the labels!

Then, to cap off the day, I split my jeans getting out of the car! True, they are so old and I knew it was going to happen soon, but still, I could have done without it after the whole cherry coke fiasco.

But the good news is, it's pay day tomorrow and I can go and buy a brand new pair!

No comments: